Thursday, August 23, 2012

Whitney Doering


Hey everyone! My name is Whitney Doering and I'm currently a senior here at UNL and planning to graduate this coming December. I'll be graduating with a major in Communication Studies and a minor in Sociology. I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and I'm looking forward to moving back home after graduation. In my free time I enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling, watching movies, Mexican food, reading, attending concerts, and anything that involves the outdoors! I recently spent a semester abroad in Sevilla, Spain. I would have to say it was incredibly eye opening for me and I was able to experience not only the Spanish culture, but also many throughout Europe, which I'm so thankful for. I am interested to learn about the theoretical perspectives that deal with various cultures, languages, stereotypes, etc. and how I am able to relate to them in my everyday life. I’m looking forward to a successful final semester at UNL and working with everyone in the class! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I think that is so neat that you studied abroad in Spain! I went there once when I was younger and I yearn for the day when I get to go back! The scenery in your photo looks absolutely stunning. So jealous!

    I look forward to getting to know you throughout this course! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's Toledo! I have an almost identical photo of my friend and me posing by that wall. Crazy view, huh? Does that mean you're pretty good at Spanish? What a fun country to visit. There's a lot of intercultural communication going on over there, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you studied abroad in Spain. I want to go there so bad! That picture is really cool. The background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My roommate traveled abroad is Spain this past summer, she said it was phenomenal, what an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete