Thursday, August 23, 2012

Elizabeth Erikson

"She wasn't where she had been. She wasn't where she was going, but she was on her way." -Jodi Hills

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Erikson and I am currently a senior at UNL.  I am pursuing a major in Communication Studies and a minor in Education with plans to graduate next May - crossing my fingers!  I was born and raised in Omaha, NE where I attended Omaha Central High School.  At Central is where my initial love for different cultures began.  Attending a school with over 2,500 students really opened my eyes to different people and surroundings.  I have always been extremely intrigued with this topic; therefore, when I saw this class I immediately knew I would learn a lot and really enjoy it.  On the other hand, I have taken a few online classes previously so I knew I would really enjoy the flexibility and format.


I spent a lot of my summer at home with my family in Omaha, but in my free time I enjoy time with friends, the state of Maine, John Legend, the color grey, Viva La Juicy perfume, dark chocolate, MAC make-up, sending mail, Nineteen Minutes, chai tea, clean sheets, and playing with my new puppy, Gabby.

When I am getting to know people I often times ask them what their top three favorite movies are.  I think this is a playful ice breaker and great way to quickly learn someones personality.  Mine are: Gone with the Wind, You've Got Mail, and Sister Act. In that order. Judge accordingly. Ha! 

I look forward to getting to know all of you throughout the semester. 

1 comment:

  1. Mine are: Adaptation, The Usual Suspects, and The Last of the Mohicans.

    ReplyDelete