Thursday, August 23, 2012

An Introduction

Hey!

My name is Joe, and I'm starting my fifth year here at UNL. I am a triple major, studying journalism, English and nutrition. I'm from Omaha, and I actually just moved back here, so I'm trying to finish up college with mostly-online courses. I commute a few days per week for class and my job as the music director of Lincoln's indie music station, 90.3 KRNU. In addition to my work in radio, I'm the TA for a couple journalism classes, and I also work as a personal trainer. I don't really have much free time, so thankfully my jobs and hobbies go together. I love listening to music and going to concerts, and getting fit!

I've always found COMM classes interesting because they always seem to spark pretty good discussion - and that always makes class more fun. All of my jobs require me to interact with people, so learning how/why people react to certain situations has helped me become a better communicator. I'm really looking forward to working with everyone in this class!

Joe


Oh... I don't really take pictures. So here's on of my old roommate and I (I'm on the left) that I stole from Facebook.



2 comments:

  1. Very cool. 90.3 is my first preset station in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple major? I'm impressed! It sounds like you enjoy keeping pretty busy and involved! I'm looking forward to reading your posts this semester!

    ReplyDelete