Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hello everyone! My name is LeRoy Ford ( pronounced Luh-Roy). I am 21 years old and a senior communication studies major from Kansas City, MO. I changed my major 4 times before deciding I wanted to do communication studies, so I'll end up being a super senior. This class is one of two online classes that I'm taking this semester. I'm really interested in cultures and how we all communicate so I'm really excited to be taking this class. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, meeting new people and being very spontaneous. I am a very laid back guy and I pretty much get along with anyone.

A few fun facts about me I have 15 siblings (the majority are half siblings). One of my goals in life is to travel to every state in the USA and to every continent. I've been to 24 of the 50 states but unfortunately I haven't left the country yet, but I'm working on it. Last summer I participated in the 50 year commemoration of the "Freedom Riders". We retraced the routes of the original 1961 Freedom Riders. Because of this I had about 5 seconds of airtime on The Oprah Winfrey Show (well, my picture did haha).

I like to say that I am the type of guy that lives day to day and try to live life to the fullest. I'm not the best at planning things in advance. However, I do have a plan for my life and what I want to do in the future. I plan on going to grad school to get my Masters and PhD in Higher Education/Student Affairs. I love college and never really want to stray away too far from it, hence the reason I want to go into higher education. Okay I'm starting to feel like I'm rambling so enough about me :). I look forward to having a great semester in this class!

1 comment:

  1. Oprah! Wow! How exciting! It's really nice when hard work and dedication pays off with some really cool rewards.

    I see you are interested in going on to grad school. I would be happy to help you with this process.

    ReplyDelete