Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jordan Stiens

Hello!

My name is Jordan Stiens. I am 21 years old and am a Junior here at UNL. I was born in Maryville, Mo and was raised on a farm just outside of Maryville. My major is Communication Studies and I have not declared a minor yet but I would like to hopefully minor in French. I have never taken an online class before so this whole experience is very new and a little confusing to me. I decided to take Intercultural Communications because this course sounded very interesting to me. I enjoy learning about the ways people interact and communicate. By taking this course I hope to expand my knowledge beyond the things I experience on a regular basis with my close friends and family. I have many hobbies. I enjoy cooking. Mainly I like to cook desserts but recently I've started to enjoy cooking main dishes too. I like to try new recipies often. It doesn't always turn out good but its fun to experiement. I also enjoy just spending time outdoors. Being raised on a farm made it so I was always outside keeping busy doing something. It was quite an adjustment moving to the city of Lincoln. Although I haven't had much time to lately I enjoy traveling. I have traveled a lot in the States but hopefully after college I will be able to travel abroad more. I am a member of UNL's track team. This is the hobby that by far takes up the most of my time. I compete in the Heptathlon. I enjoy doing track and it keeps me super busy all year round.

Above is a picture of me competing at the Big 10 Outdoor Track Meet last year.

Other things about me, I love hanging out with friends and family. I have one older brother, a younger brother and sister who are twins, and a niece who is about to turn one in October. I don't have much free time but when I do I enjoy hanging out with friends and just being lazy and watching movies.
I am looking forward to working with everyone in this class! It should be a great semester! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool you're on track! Yes us athletes sure get busy! The pic of you running is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sweat the tech stuff. If you get in trouble email or come chat with me. If I can't figure it out, I'll find someone who can. My advice to you would be to try to start the video assignments early if you can. That's the biggest challenge is recording, editing, and posting these assignments. It always takes me twice as long as I think it should.

    ReplyDelete