Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kaylee Sueverkruepp Introduction



My name is Kaylee Sueverkruepp, and I am 21 years old.  I was born and raised in Grand Island, Nebraska, where I attended Northwest High School.  I'm a second semester senior, and I'll be graduating this December!  I will have a Bachelor's degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies, with two minors in Communication Studies and Psychology.  With my time at the University, I've taken a few different online classes within my fields of study, and I've enjoyed the online format immensely.  I work aout 30 hours a week, so the freedom to do my homework when I please is very convenient for me.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't initially attracted to our Intercultural Communication class, because it would both satisfy an ethnic studies requirement, and it would finish off my minor in Communication Studies.  However though, I believe that with our ever-changing society, having a background in intercultural communication would be highly beneficial for working hands-on with people.  I hope to gain a better understanding of all kinds of people: black or white, heterosexual or homosexual, Buddhist or Christian.  Since I'll be entering the real world soon, I hope to undertand how to interact with others in a way that will challenge, motivate, and encourage them in a respectful and positive manner, so that in return, I'll learn more about my own abilities from their personal backgrounds.

Interests?  My first major interest is my husband Caleb.  (Go figure, right?)  We got married on June 25, 2011, and I love being married to him and learning more about each other and what makes us tick and laugh.  I'm a fairly outdoorsy person as well; some days I'd rather ride my bike than drive my car. I also enjoy working with children and youth.  I had an internship over the summer where I got to lead my own high school program at my old summer camp, and I work with babies at a daycare during the school year.  

Finally, here's a picture of me being cool and belaying on a high ropes course.  Haha.  I'm looking forward to the rest of this semester!  





4 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to meet you. Hope you will have a blissful life with your beloved husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I liked what you said when stressing the importance of having a background in intercultural communication this day in age - couldn't agree more! Also, congrats on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1 on riding a bike instead of a car, 2 wheels are much better than four in my humble yet correct opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Love the pic of you on your wedding day. Your dress looks fab!

    ReplyDelete