Friday, November 2, 2012

Freeman CAPS #5

"Popular culture is defined by Martin as cultural products that most people share and know about, including television, music, videos, and popular magazines."  I am personally a person who loves popular culture.  I find myself constanly watching different television shows and reading magizines to find out what is happening with celebrities that I will never meet.  One of my favorite show to watch is Keeping Up With The Kardashians. 

The show centers around the Kardashian family that consits of Kim, Khole, Kourtney, Kris, Rob, Bruce, Kylie, and Kendall.  The family has become iconic with the family featured on anything and everything.  The show follows the family around during their daily lives and I find it very interesting to see the reactions of people when they see the Kardashians out around town, people follow them everywhere just trying to get a picture.

Their success has lead to them having multiple stores and different cities and many shows like Kourtney and Khloe take Miami.  They also have a show in New York and wedding specials that have featured both Kim and Khloe.  I think that one of the most notable things that I think proves they are pop culture icons is an episode in which Kim went to Dubi she could'nt go anywhere with out getting hownded she was almost more famous there.  Proving that popular culture does go internationaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment